Friday, May 18, 2012

Why

I decided to start a blog for lots of reasons. And here they are!...

Reason #1 why I started a blog is because I needed a place to reflect on things I'd read or sermons I'd heard or meaningful conversations I'd had with people. Social media status updates were not enough and I don't think always an appropriate place to hash out the "life altering" thoughts swimming through my head. I realized I was responding to these things in "blog post" format. In my head. And if I am going to be really honest, my "blog thoughts" are not exclusive to responding to those meaningful moments. This post made its way into my thoughts while I was in the shower just an hour ago. So, why not just start a blog?

Plus, I wanted to really remember and be able to re-engage with some of those things I was learning. I want to hold on to those epiphanies and make sure they REALLY do alter the way I think and live. I notoriously forget the things I read (which always makes re-reading books fun and interesting) or hear - even when they've affected me. Maybe blogging about them will help me remember (and in essence, make me smarter - right?!?!)

Which brings me to Reason #2 - I want to remember my kids! The little daily things that make me laugh or smile (or desperately throw my hands in the air or CRY). Now that we have child #2, the Hubs sometimes asks "remember when O did that at 2 mos old?" And I don't!

Reason #3 is that I've always had an inclination to write. When I was in junior high my dream jobs were, Professional Ballerina (an actual possibility at the time) or an Author of Children's Books. I'm pretty sure I even got a book about publishing your own books. Needless to say, as time went on and high school English courses gradually extinguished that fire, I gave up the desire to develop my skills. But the appreciation for quality writing and hope to contribute to the "written word" has always been there. Like dancing, it is a part of me.

I'm still not sure if anyone will ever read this. Regardless, this is for me. And as stated in Reason #1, I need to really start clarifying things in my life and be deliberate about what I do with the lessons and information God puts before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment